Monday, August 16, 2021

 8/16/2021

Transfer Trashed? Yes it’s true! I'm getting transferred to my last area this next week so I better make the best of it for these next 6 weeks. It's honestly been so amazing serving in the Valley Hi area. The people here are so elect. We have one on date for next month and hope to put a few more on date soon. 

This past week was really interesting. On Tuesday we had our zone conference and that was really fun. We learned a lot about how to work with the members to find and teach. We also got to learn how to give a temple tour from President Tveten. 

On Wednesday I started feeling a little sick and so we were told to stay indoors for a few days. It turns out that it was just a small cold. A few days later we found out that there was an Elder who tested positive for Covid who was at zone conference so the whole zone had to go into quarantine. We found all of this out on Saturday. The 4 of us in our apartment went to go get tested for Covid but all our tests came back negative so that was super great. We still have to quarantine until Wednesday though.

On Sunday we were able to get 6 people to church. Some of our friends we are teaching right now are Terry and Jet, Jason and Jacky, Katt and A.J. We have been having some awesome lessons the last few days as well. We've been teaching a lot of the Restoration lately and it's been super fun.

That's about it for its week. I hope everyone has a great week!   

Pictures for the week:

1. THINK GOD sign.

2. Elder Larson and I being funny. 

3. Our apartment is so strong! 

4. Our apartment waiting to get tested for Covid. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...