8/23/2021
Hey everyone!
This week was fantastic. I got transferred over to the Pecan Valley zone this last Thursday which is basically on the East side of town. It's super cool because I'm basically in a part of my first area which was in Buena Vista. We triple cover the San Antonio 1st ward. It's a huge area and has so much potential.
Funny story: So we got transferred into the old Mission Creek apartments and in these apartments it seemed like the missionaries before had never cleaned. Because of that, there was a mega cockroach problem. It was pretty disgusting and kinda is still. We had to clean our entire kitchen out and only accomplished in getting rid of most of them. We cleaned the apartment up and got rid of a lot of trash and now it looks pretty nice. So if you ever live in San Antonio, make sure you clean up after yourselves or else you will have some little friends.
Elder Larsen and I have been doing super good together. We have found about 5 new people to teach since Thursday. We are so excited for this transfer. We don't have whole lot of solid people yet but we are working with a few that have a lot of potential. The area can be a little sketchy at night but during the day it’s amazing and we talk to so many people. I've also used so much Spanish in this area so far.
I definitely feel that I was meant to be here because none of the other elders know Spanish except me and we have found 2 inactive Spanish ward members. The members here in the ward are also super awesome!
I've been studying the Atonement recently and it's been amazing. My testimony has grown so much. One of my favorite chapters to read about the Atonement is Mosiah 3 and 4.
Well I hope everyone has a super good week!
-Elder Portlock.
Pictures:
1. Our new Apartment decided to get Caines.
2. On Transfer day we had so much stuff in our car we had to move that we were squished haha.
3. This is Jason who is on Date for September.
4. This is the Perez family in the Valley Hi ward. They are awesome!




No comments:
Post a Comment