Monday, February 3, 2020

Monday Feb. 3, 2020



Hey everyone, I hope you’re having a great week. For me this week went super fast. We had our Zone conference this week so we were able to meet with a bunch of missionaries from our area and that was really cool. We had trainings on how we can better invite and get our people we are teaching to come to church. President Tveten was showing us how to better study the scriptures and gave us lots of good ideas to study and take notes digitally and everything.

We got a new scripture to memorize in Alma 31:5 
5 And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God.

On Tuesday some members took us out to dinner at this BBQ restaurant called Smoke Shack. They had the best BBQ I ever had. I got a picture of the menu and what I got. 

This week we also had a small English class at the church. We had 4 people show up and it was really fun to help them understand some basic English from Spanish. It actually helped me a little bit with my Spanish also haha. We had a chapel tour with someone we found on Facebook. He didn't seem to be interested but it was cool because we gave him a Bible and Book of Mormon. 

On Sunday we had dinner at a nonmember’s house and they were also having a super bowl party at the same time. So we ended up facing away from the TV at the table and everyone was going crazy during the game. It was super funny and stuff but they had some really good BBQ. 

We gave two blessings in Spanish this week as well and that was really cool because I got to practice a little more. One of the people we gave a blessing to was a nonmember and was super old. She was super grateful for us to give her a blessing. She tried to pay us $20 each and it was super funny but we told her we wouldn't take it and that it would be wrong to. We told her what our purpose was and that we were here to serve and she was even more happy. 

This week I have felt very blessed and I’m very grateful to be here helping and serving others. I hope you are all having a great week and can't wait to talk to y’all later.








No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...