Howdy y'all! Another week flew by so
fast. This week was super busy and lots of fun.
I wanted to start out with a funny
story. Just yesterday me and my companion Elder Waite were sitting on this
persons porch talking about the Book of Mormon. It was getting a little darker
but she had her porch light on. While we were reading in the book I noticed
something on the ground next to my foot. It was a giant cockroach! It was
picking up a potato chip that was on the ground and I started panicking in
my head. This thing was huge like about 2 1/2 inches at least. I
couldn't focus on the rest of the time. It's just crazy how big
cockroaches can get haha. The rest of the night me and my companion felt
like something was crawling around us haha.
This week we got to help out with a
food bank distribution event at an apartment complex. Our district of
about 6 missionaries were the only volunteers but it was super fun
still. We got to meet so many new people and we ended up getting a less active
member to want to come back to church. At the end of the food event we got
to take some extra bacon home. On Thursday we were invited to Zone Leader
Conference and so Elder Waite who is the district leader got to go to the
meeting and I was able to go on exchanges with the Moving Elders. The Moving
Elders get to drive all over the place in the mission and help move other
missionaries into apartments and do anything that the mission office needs. It
was super fun because I got to see a little more of the mission and got to meet
some other missionaries. I helped move 2 different apartments which was a big
job and after that we went to Raising Canes. Raising Canes is like the best
chicken fast food ever. If you are ever in Texas you have to go to Canes. The
rest of the day was really good. After we switched back to our companions we
had tacos at a member’s house.
On Friday we had dinner at another members
house. They called it "Wangs n Thangs". They basically only do it 2
times a year or on special occasions so we were super lucky to have it. They
basically buy a Ton of chicken wings and fry them up and make a lot of
different flavors like BBQ, HOT SAUCE, BUFFALO, and others. It was super good
and we all had a competition to see who could eat the most wings. The
member ended up beating all 4 of us Elders by a long shot haha. They were super
good. I’m super happy to serve others and bring them closer to Jesus Christ. My
testimony is always growing as I help others.
I hope everyone is having a great
week and I'll talk to y’all again next week.
These are some pictures of us
walking around outside, The 4 of us Elders at Wangs and Thangs, Me on my bike,
and a picture of downtown San Antonio.




No comments:
Post a Comment