Monday, August 9, 2021

 8/9/2021

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a really amazing week! 

This past week flew by so fast that I couldn't believe it. Time just flies when you are having so much fun. 

On Monday and Tuesday we had a few different lessons mixed with street contacting. We had another lesson with Terry and Jet on Tuesday as well. We got them started with family history and they were really excited. They weren't able to come to church this past week. But they still plan to come and learn. 

We also had a lesson with Janine. We showed her the Gospel library app and showed her some really great ways to study the scriptures. She was super excited to start using it and learning more. We will be having another lesson today. 

We also started teaching a person named Jason. He is really interested and would like to be baptized. We put him on date for the 11th of September and he is super excited. He came to church with his girlfriend on Sunday and we had a lesson with him at the church. We are going to try to meet with him some more this week. 

I've been using my Spanish pretty often this week. It's so much fun when you can have a conversation with someone in a different language. It can be really hard to learn another language and even getting to the point of speaking it good. I know it’s definitely the Gift of Tongues that's allowed me to learn so quickly and understand others. It's really amazing.

On Saturday many of the missionaries in the zone got to participate in the Stake Ward Conference. We got to be a part of a class that talked about missionaries. They asked us lots of questions and it was so much fun. We got free shirts too.

This week has been super great and went by so fast like I said. 

A spiritual thought I wanted to add was in this past week’s Come Follow Me.

In Doctrine & Covenants 87:8 it says...

"Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen."

When we stand in Holy Places we will be protected from all the crazy and evil things around us. Our Heavenly Father has a lot of blessings that he wants to give us and that can include knowledge, feelings of love and peace and more. Some Holy places we can stand in are the temple or our own homes. We can cause our own atmosphere of holiness. I have a testimony of the importance of standing in Holy Places and "being not moved". I know my Heavenly Father is there for us and loves us very much. 

Well I hope you enjoyed my email this week. Let me know what you would like to know and I'll try to put it in my next email.

Have a great week! 

-Elder Portlock  

Pictures for the week.

1. Elder Larson and I went to B-Dubs on Thursday for weekly planning.

2. We ran out of dishes so I used what I could find at the apartment.  

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...