12/7/2020
Hey everyone! I hope your week was very amazing!
This week went by really quick and we had so much fun. On Wednesday we had our district council and after we made and decorated a gingerbread house. It was super fun and all the missionaries in the mission for district council did the same. We only had 30 minutes to decorate for a competition we were doing and after everyone sent pictures to our mission chat of all the district gingerbread houses. We decorated ours to look like the first vision with Joseph Smith.
The work in the area is going super good. We have been working a lot with the members and visiting lots of people. We have been making lots of light the world videos and getting others excited about light the world. We had a really cool lesson with some people we are teaching named Kierra and Xavier. We are going to pass them off to the new Braunfels Elders soon.
We are almost ready for The Baptism of Maria!!! We just have her baptismal interview and we are hoping that everything works out for this next Sunday for the baptism. She is amazing and her testimony has grown so much since we met her. I can't wait to meet her family and everything. Maria has been cooking us food and giving it to us on Sundays because she wants to make sure we have food and it’s so funny. She calls us skinny so she cooks a ton of food and stuff and its soo good haha.
On Sunday we watched the Christmas devotional by the church with the whole district. It was so good and I really liked Elder Holland's talk. If you haven't seen it yet, you definitely need to go watch it.
We got transfer news last night and Elder Lemke is going to a new area and I'll be companions with another Elder Named Elder Knight. We’re all super excited. I'll also be staying in De Zavala.
I hope you all have a really good week!
-Elder Portlock
Pictures:
1. Me, Elder Lemke and Maria
2. I saw Elder Wadsworth this week and it was his last week in the mission. We were both serving in Eagle Pass at one point.
3. Because of transfers, Elder Michie is moving so we opened a bunch of presents from Elder Michie's mom that she sent us.
4. Our District
5. Another picture of our District.
6. A picture of us with Kierra and Xavier
7. A member who gave us food last week for free at his restaurant.







No comments:
Post a Comment