November 30, 2020
This week was super good. We had our zone conferences again for the transfer. President gave all the missionaries a $10 Chick-Fil-A card because of a promise he made for people who voted for his quote in a conference quote tournament. He also gave every district a gingerbread house kit for all the missionaries to make.
On Thanksgiving we went to a member’s house for lunch and it was pretty good. We had a traditional Thanksgiving meal. We were so full afterwards and a couple hours later we went to dinner at another member’s house and got Brisket. It was so good. We were there for little and then after we had some phone calls to make. We starting teaching a person named Mario; he is really awesome and is interested in our message.
We did some member work last week and found some members whose phone numbers weren't working and all we had to contact them was email. We decided to send an email to one of the members named the Lopez family. They responded back and gave us their correct numbers and we set up a visit with them. It was really amazing and we shared a message with them and after they told us that they wanted to come to the English branch but they didn't know where it was and didn't have anyone to get in contact with. They were very grateful and wanted to feed us. Brother Lopez actually works at a Mexican restaurant in New Braunfels so we went there today for p-day. The food was awesome and I got something called Al pastor. He told us that he is working to get Sundays off and his wife and kid are going to church next Sunday. To me that was a really small amazing miracle and I feel so happy that we were inspired to send them an email not knowing if we would get a response. I feel that God knew that they would need us and it was just perfect. I'm so happy to be able to help other people and serve as a missionary of the Church. It's been so amazing and there are so many things that need to be done and I know that I'm being blessed for what I'm doing.
We also got our car back this last Friday. Whooooo! Its great being able to drive and we are able to do so much more now. The work in this area is about to get moving.
Maria Mancinas is almost ready for our baptism this next month on the 12th. We just have a couple more things to teach her and she is good to go. Her testimony has grown a lot and we are so happy she is deciding to make this decision. We feel so blessed as we teach her and help her learn more.
This next month we are also getting ready for Light the World and we have lots of plans in our mission for videos, cross posting, working with the members it's awesome! We are so excited to bring others to the Light of Christ.
Well I hope y'all liked the email this week. I hope you all have a super amazing week!
-Elder Portlock
Here are some pictures for the week.
1&2- Al pastor from the Mexican Restaurant Cancun and sopapias.
3- Me and Elder Lemke with our car
4- Recap rewind, about a year ago last Thursday was when I got into Texas.
5- There was a super cute white kitten that we saw during our Thanksgiving dinner.





No comments:
Post a Comment