Friday, November 27, 2020

 11/23/2020

Hey everyone. I hope that your week went super amazing. It's been so fun with doing the #givethanks posts daily and everything. I hope y'all have been recognizing and feeling the joy of giving thanks as well. We are getting super excited down here for the light the world starting soon we have about one week until it begins and so we have been showing the members of the branch and sharing it lots of people to get them ready for it. 

This week went really quick and I can't believe its Monday again haha. I hit my 13 months in the mission this week and so now I've been in the mission for a year not counting the CCM. It's been such an amazing ride being on the mission. I've learned so much and my testimony has grown so much as well. I'm super excited to continue learning and helping others come unto Christ in The San Antonio Texas Mission (TSAM). 

We had some success this week in street contacting around some of the neighborhoods in our area this week. We found 4 people to teach. We will be able to teach and do more with them as soon as we get our car back. We talked to the people who are working on our car and they told us they would have it done this week so we will see what happens. 

Maria Mancinas is progressing so much on her path towards baptism. We had a couple lessons this week and she has decided to get married as well so that's super exciting. She has an amazing testimony and loves coming to church. She tried to read the Book of Mormon when we give her places to read so it's pretty great. She has been bringing her friend to the lessons as well and she is pretty interested as well so we will see what happens with her. 

On Thursday we had district council and after we went and had a district lunch. We all decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and it was awesome. We all loved it a lot. I got this deal they have where on Thursdays if you buy the 10 boneless wings you can get 10 more for free so it was really good. 

That's about all of the highlights of the week. I hope y’all continue being amazing I hope y’all have an amazing week!!!

-Elder Portlock

Here are some pictures from last week and this week.

1&2. The 4 of us traveling to Canyon Lake and a really cool picture spot.

3. We went to go do service this week. I also cut my finger haha

4. A member of the branch got us pizza one night which was awesome. 






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...