12/14/2020
Hey Everyone I hope your week was really good!
This week was very interesting. We had our transfers on Thursday and I got my new companion named Elder Knight. He is really awesome. We had a lot of member dinner appointments and we did a lot of finding. We did pretty well with finding this week so that's been good.
This week was also a little difficult. We tried so hard to get Maria baptized but literally everything fell through. We couldn't meet with her and she couldn't get married and lot of stuff. Last week we told Maria that this week Satan would do everything he could to stop her from getting baptized and that's what happened. What's truly amazing though is that Maria still has a desire to be baptized and so we will move the baptismal date to another time and work with her until she is ready. She is so amazing and nice and her testimony is growing very much. I know that this week was hard but I know that everything will be okay and that good will triumph over evil.
Transfer day: Transfer day was pretty sad leaving Elder Lemke. We went to the Knights Cross building in Stone Oak and I was able to see lots of other missionaries and some old companions which was really fun. I got put into a trio with the English elders that I live with because my companion was staying with his old companion for a few more days. Basically his companion was waiting for his companion to get to the mission still so it was little weird for a few days haha. I was in an English area and doing Spanish as well. Lots of fun. I got my companion on Saturday and it was pretty fun. We get along really well.
We are soon going to be out of a car share with the English elders and have our own apartment. We are so excited because we will be able to do so much more work. So hopefully sometime this next week they will move out. It's fun being in a 4 elder apartment but not at the same time.
We found someone named Pablo and he was super interested. The only thing is that he lives in Austin. So we will pass him off to the Spanish missionaries over there. We did some street contacting this week and it was pretty fun. It’s getting a little more cold so we have been putting our sweaters on more and getting bundled up. In Texas it doesn't snow but it sure does get frigid out there because of the humidity. We get super cold air and it gets windy to so it's like ahhhhhh get inside haha.
I hope you all have a super great week! Keep being awesome and God be with you.
-Elder Portlock
Picture's:
1. I got really bored transfer night when I didn’t get my companion so I made a fort.
2. We stopped by the Temple on the way back from transfers.
3. Me and Elder Lemke before Transfers.
4. Me and Elder Knight




No comments:
Post a Comment