Thursday, October 8, 2020

 10/5/2020

Hey Everyone I hope you had a super great week. General conference happened and that was amazing. I love listening to the Prophet; he truly has been called of God. For conference for me we all went to the church and set up a TV to watch conference. We all had our snacks and everything so it was super fun. For the Sunday afternoon session we watched it with Rockwell family at their house. It was pretty fun too because we watched it in Spanish. After we had burgers. There was so many good things said and I have several different favorite talks and speakers. One of the quotes from our prophet President Nelson was, “Life without God is a life filled with fear. Life with God is a life filled with peace.” I really liked that because it is so true. I also really liked it when he talked about Israel and "Let God prevail". I really think as well if we let God prevail in our lives we will see the blessings he has for us and feel his move more. 

 

Well for the rest of the week was pretty good as well. We ended up moving back to New Braunfels because of mid transfers. We helped a family move into a new apartment on Wednesday and that was really fun. We dropped off a Book of Mormon to this person we are teaching and it was really cool. She is actually going through a rough time right now. She was recently diagnosed with cancer and has just barely got out of the hospital for other things but one thing that's amazing to see is her faith. She told us that even though she is going through something really hard she isn't going to lose hope. She is going to keep fighting and keep her faith in Christ. She also told us that when she gets better she wants to come to church and even bring her grandchildren. She has family that are members of the church so that was really cool to find out. 

 

Next week is B-day so I'm super excited. I'm also getting close to my first year mark so even more excitement. 

I hope you all had a great week again and I will talk to y’all again soon. 

 

While we were helping move for service the members let us hold their bearded dragon which was sooo cool. Than they gave us pizza haha.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...