10/19/2020
Hey y'all!!! I'm so sorry I totally forgot to send last week’s email. It was already to go but it slipped my mind. I guess you all get 2 emails this week.
Oct 12, 2020
This next week I'll be hitting my one year mark. I'm so excited and sad at the same time because that means I only have one year left of my mission. It's been so fun living here In Texas, like I'm learned so many things. It's been so fun helping others with service projects and teaching others that time has just gone so fast. It's also my Birthday today so we are celebrating with going bowling.
This week we found 3 new people to teach. The first one came to church and the really cool thing was that she told us after church that she wants to come here again and feels that this is a good place. We were so happy and excited. We set up a lesson for this next Saturday and we are planning on having the Relief Society president come as well. The next person is actually already a member, she is just less active but that's mainly because of Covid and she moved from Louisiana. She was so excited to talk to us and thankful that we found her. We invited her to the English ward next Sunday. We were actually street contacting and that's how we found her.
The 3rd person was someone we had already taught but stopped because we couldn’t get in contact with. But we finally got back in contact with her and she wants to meet with us and everything. It was really cool. We have a lesson with her tomorrow hopefully.
We did service this week at the Packer family’s house and helped clean and get rid of weeds. It was a lot of fun.
Well I hope you all have an amazing week!!!
Oct 19, 2020
Okay now for today's email haha.
This week was amazing and time flew!!! The lesson with the person we found who was interested in coming to church went super good. She is really awesome and loves meeting with us. We have another lesson tomorrow or this Tuesday. Our other lesson with the person we found went awesome as well and we are going to try and get her fellowshipping with some of the members who live next door. I've been having a ton of success with finding people on Facebook to share the gospel with. We have a couple different lessons with people I just started a small conversation with. We had a technology meeting this last Tuesday as well and we learned how to make videos and edit it all in about an hour’s time. We learned other things about how to be more successful with our Facebook pages and everything. It was a lot of fun and we learned a lot. On Wednesday we did exchanges and with the District leader and I went to an English area. It was so cool being able to actually be in an English area technically for the first time In my mission haha. We taught 2 different families in their houses and that was super fun. We were teaching their kids and they want to be baptized. It was a really cool experience and I didn’t realize it at first but teaching in English is a lot easier than teaching in Spanish haha. I have basically only really taught in Spanish most of my mission so far so it was a really good experience. On Friday it was really cool. We have a reassigned missionary who was a church historian at the sacred grove and Joseph Smith memorials before Covid and she gave the whole mission a virtual tour of it. It was really cool to learn some small stores of Joseph Smith and translating the Golden Plates. It was also really cool just getting a look of what their house might have looked like as well. The other Elders had a Baptism on Saturday and it was really cool. The person who was baptized has such an amazing testimony and is going to speak to the mission tonight. We’re pretty excited for that. I hope you all have had an amazing 2 weeks. I'll talk to y’all again next week!!!
-Elder Portlock.
Pictures for this week:
1. Elder Michie was trying to unplug the font.
2. The 6 of us all in the truck. Don’t worry we all had seatbelts on.
3. Me and Elder Lemke Street contacting at the park.
4. We went bowling for my Birthday
5. The package from my family for my Birthday.





No comments:
Post a Comment