Thursday, July 30, 2020

July 20, 2020


Hey family and friends! 

I hope you all had a really fun and great week. This week has been really good here in Texas. I wanted to start off with sharing a real miracle story. We were calling out of some old area books on an old number list and we called a number and this person picked up. His name is Ernesto and he was taught in the past and had a baptismal date as well. He was super willing to meet with us and start taking lessons from the missionaries again. He told us he was reading in the scriptures before we called. He even told us it was some kind of coincidence that he happened to be at his grandparent’s house when we called. We have a lesson this Tuesday and he said he wanted to download the Book of Mormon app without us even telling him about it. He was even willing to cut our hair some time haha. I really love this story because it goes to show that the work is still going and that there are still people out there looking and who are waiting.  Our Heavenly Father puts people in our path all the time. We just need to be ready to be worthy and have the companionship of the Holy Ghost. I've been reading the Book of Mormon all in Spanish this week and it’s been super fun. I started in Mosiah which is like where it gets super good. I'm learning so much from the scriptures even though it's in Spanish. We had zone conference this week and interviews with President Tveten as well. We had a pretty big zoom call and received some training on how we can be better effective on Facebook. We also learned about having SUPER TRUST with members and why it's important. If we have Super Trust with the members of our ward or branch, they will want to work with us more and be more open to giving us family members or friends that we can teach. Our zone is doing a little activity to keep us all pumped and excited for the mission work. We are all doing an Americas got talent thing. We all have to show off one of our talents or do something cool and we film it and send it to the zone. Me and Elder Johnson are first so were planning on turning all the lights in the church ON in 1 minute. It's going to be super fun haha. Well I hope everything is going well and y’all have a super duper good week! 

- Elder Portlock 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...