Thursday, July 30, 2020

July 27, 2020


Hey everyone I hope your week was super great.

This week we did a lot of service. On Tuesday we went to this house and we moved a bunch of stuff around and threw stuff away. On Wednesday we helped out with giant food bank distribution. It was super fun but that day was super hot and we were sweating soo much. We drank so much water haha. We helped mow and trim someone's lawn on Thursday and after they made us some really good Mexican sandwiches called a torta. They were super good. They also wanted to cook us dinner so that day we had a couple of dinners.

We had car inspections for our zone on Tuesday as well so everyone in our zone from Del Rio and Cotula and Corrizo came to Eagle Pass. The mission vehicle coordinator Elder Huzzy came down from San Antonio. It was super awesome getting to see our zone and some different people. We got a super cool Jesus picture stand from President Tveten and his wife. We had a mission wide device audit which was pretty cool. The main reason for device audits is to make sure that we’re safe and following the mission rules. They don’t want us texting people we shouldn't or looking up things that is mission appropriate. It also rained in Eagle Pass for the first time in like forever. It was super good and cooled everything down for the day. Now it's all hot again haha. I have a funny story for my watch. We were playing basketball in the morning and my watch strap broke. Later I was trying to find a way to fix it so I got to spaghetti noodles and placed the right size of noodle in the spot hold my strap to the watch. It worked for just about an hour before it broke again haha. We’re going to take it to Walmart to get it fixed today. On Sunday our Branch President had asked us to give talks during church. It was a super awesome cool experience because it was my first time giving a talk in Spanish. It was for about 15 minutes each for me and Elder Johnson and we were asked to talk about missionary work. I related it to the family a little and how the gospel blesses families. I ended up doing super good. We found a baby scorpion in our apartment so we captured it and threw it out of the apartment. Something fun that our zone is doing right now is we’re all making a talent video kind of like Americas got talent and we send it to our zone chat. They're super funny so I'll have to send you all our video and another one that’s hilarious.

I hope you all had a super great week and can’t wait to talk to y’all again.

-Elder Portlock


No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...