Friday, June 12, 2020

June 8, 2000


Hi everyone. I hope your week went great!

This week was really good and went pretty quick. 

We have been working on making posts for Facebook with our zone. We have a group on a web site named Canva. We share all the posts we are making for Facebook so we can build off each other’s ideas and use some of them as well. It's pretty cool. Our mission is pretty good at technology; a lot of missionaries are super good at doing stuff online and can do lots of cool things. Me and Elder Johnson have been putting scriptures of the day on our story for Facebook each day and that's been really fun. We get a lot of good feedback from that. We also tried to do a live event on Sunday and basically we just read the living Christ and talked about it. It was pretty fun and we think we might try it again next week. We have been working hard on our Spanish and learning new words each day. I love it when I can have a conversation with someone who doesn't understand any English. It's just super cool. As a zone we are starting our 4:00 stop again because somehow it just slowly stopped. But we are doing that again so the zone will call each day at 4 and we will pray. It's pretty cool. Me and Elder Johnson have been walking around the neighborhood to get out and take a break from being inside. It's a great way to stretch and for us find someone. Soon we will be able to go knock doors again and that's exciting but for now we can only street contact which is only talk to people we see on the side walk etc... We also saw this really cool truck with Christmas lights on it and got a picture with it. It was super cool. 

A spiritual thought for this week that I had was in The Book of Mormon. In The Book of Alma chapter 7 verses 23-24 they say

23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
24 And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works.

I love these scriptures because it talks about having all these attributes and following the commandments. It says that you can ask Heavenly father things that you need spiritually or temporally. Our heavenly father loves us and wants to hear our prayers. He will always be there even in our hardest troubles. I know that he has been there for me. It also says in the next first to have faith, hope and charity. When we have those 3, we can be so much happier and help others around us feel happy as well. This week I wanted to invite y’all to think of some ways you have seen Heavenly Father in your lives and how he has been there for you. 

I hope y’all are having a great week and can't wait to talk to y’all again soon. Love y’all!

Some members made this for us a couple days ago and it was Sooooo good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...