Sunday, June 21, 2020

June 15, 2020


Hi family and Friends!!!

This week was awesome. I wanted to start out by saying that I'm so grateful for y’all. Thanks for reading my emails and writing back, you’re all so amazing. 

We've been really busy this week and have been teaching a ton. Every day we are packed with things to do and people to reach to and teach. It's amazing and the Spirit is so strong here and I know that I am very blessed to be out here. Were progressing a ton with Magally who is on date for baptism in 2 weeks and were super excited. She loves it when we add members to the video calls we have with her and wants to be active when church comes back. Another cool thing is we are going to come back to church in about 2 weeks as well. Its perfect timing right after she is baptized and she will be able to meet a lot of the ward. We will too haha. 

We went up to Carrizo Springs again this week for district council. We had lunch with the sisters as well as one of the people who is on date for baptism next week. It was super fun to talk and get to know this person and hear how excited he is for when he is baptized. Me and Elder Johnson are doing super great in Eagle Pass. We love teaching the people and getting to know the area better. We are getting some extra help from one of our Branch President Castro's daughters. She is helping us make sweet videos and we made a really cool tik tok video. We’re going to try and get more and it will all go onto our page eventually. We tried to have a scheduled live video for our facebook page where we make it all before hand and then put it live. The funny thing was that it never worked and so we had to manually start it. The live video wasn't even good because it stayed blank for like 6 minutes then started haha. Elder Johnson and I were pretty tired after working on that for a little bit but were working on getting better at that haha. On Sunday we helped the other Elders make cookies and it was super funny because we were trying to cool them off so we were fanning the cookies. It was super funny and doesn't make much sense. 

We decided to make some Book of Mormon drop offs this week for a couple of people who we’re teaching who don't have a Book of Mormon. It was really fun and cool because we were able to meet 2 of the people who were teaching in person and get to know them better. 

Again I'm so grateful for all your support. I hope you all have a super awesome week and I can't wait to talk again to y’all next week!!!

Here is a picture of the other Elders Fanning cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...