Friday, June 26, 2020

June 22, 2020


Hey everyone. Hope your week is doing good. 

The work is doing great and this week we were able to do a lot of service for people. We started painting a part member families fence on Wednesday. It's super fun. It's been pretty hot as well this week and we got some pretty good sun. I took off my watch and noticed a watch tan appearing on my wrist. It's pretty funny. Elder Johnson got a little sunburnt on his neck and it was pretty funny but he's good now. I guess we just need to put more sunscreen on haha. On Thursday there was this giant food distribution operation. We got to help out with that and it was super fun. We got there around 9 and it went until around 1. We were sorting fruit that went bad for about half the time and then we switched and got to hand out masks and direct people. It was super fun and our whole zone was there. We got a really cool video for it and lots of pictures. Later that day we got to be on a zoom call with Elder Anderson. It was super awesome to listen to one of the 12 apostles. He talked to us about strengthening our testimonies and gave us some really cool ideas to do that. One of the ways he told us was to make a list of things that you truly believe to be true. I decided to do that and it was really amazing to see where I am personally in my testimony and belief. 

On Saturday our zone leaders surprised us with mail. I got a new name tag that's English because I thought it would be cool since all I have are Spanish tags haha. Also I got a package from one of my friends with a sweet Brazilian soccer Jersey with my name on it. It's soo cool I love it so much. I'm grateful to have such an awesome friend. 

This week as a whole mission we found over 400 people. That was amazing. We worked so hard because our mission splits this next week. We are going to get transfer news today sometime and we're all excited and anxious to see if we will be in the Tsam or the Tam which are the 2 missions. 

I hope you are having a good week. Can't wait to talk to y’all again next week! Adios. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...