Hi Family and Friends,
This week was really good.
We had a really good week for
finding and teaching so it went really quick. We found an old area book on
paper and started calling people that hadn't been contacted in years. It was
really awesome too because the first person we called off it answered and we
set up a time to call and have a lesson with him. It's been a really good
effective way of finding people. Our mission president gave us permission for
us to go street contacting again. We can’t go into people's houses yet but we
can walk around and talk to people which is awesome. We’re excited to start
doing that again. One thing that's kinda weird about it is we’re actually
talking to people face to face again. Instead of over the phone.
We had our Zone Conference this
week. It was really good and we learned a lot. We had a couple of trainings for
Facebook and making quality post etc... One of the things that stood out to me
the most from Zone conference was a training about self reflection. They
mentioned something called “The Spot”. Someday I'm going to be in the airport
on my way home and I'm going to be looking back at my mission and thinking if I
did my best. When I come home I want to know that I did my best and wasn’t lazy
or anything.
This week we were able to extend a
baptism invitation to a person we are teaching named Magaly. It was really cool
and she has been progressing a lot. She is reading The Book of Mormon a lot and
is almost done with it. She is set to be baptized this month on the 27th. We
are really excited for her.
We had our first District council in
person this week as well. It was really fun because we left Eagle Pass and
traveled to Carrizo Springs where the sister missionaries are. It's about 40
minutes from us so we had a bit of a drive.
We also had a devotional with Sister
Becky Craven this week. She is in the young women's presidency. It was really
cool because the mission could ask questions. She talked about that this is the
Lord's mission and not ours. One of my favorite things she said was
"Effort leads to Energy". If we try and are putting in our best
effort we are going to be more enthusiastic and bring that energy.
We got our mid transfer transfer
news before the mission splits next month. Me and Elder Johnson are staying
together and Elder Gardanier is going to San Antonio. Elder Wadsworh is going
to be our new district leader. I'm not really surprised I'm not leaving because
I just got here.
I hope y’all are having a great
week. I love y’all and can’t wait to talk to ya’ll again next week.
Sorry I don’t have any pictures for
this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment