Monday, January 6, 2020

1/6/20


Hey everyone Happy New Year.
This week was awesome and I'm doing great. We started having 9:00 church. I'm already used to that though so it didn’t do much. 

This week we did something called blitz with our zone and that's where and bunch of missionaries go and help out in another area and help find people to teach and stuff. It was really fun and after we had a little chicken and pizza and it was great. We didn’t really find a ton of people but we found some more inactive members and were able to share a message with them. 

We had dinner at a member’s house on Sunday and they had tacos and pizza. So basically that's Texmex for ya haha. It was really fun and after they had this weird cake where everyone takes a turn cutting a piece and there's a baby Jesus toy inside the cake. If you cut it and you have the toy you lose or something and have to bring food next time. It's some weird Spanish tradition. I ended up getting the baby Jesus so now next time we go I have to bring food haha. We went and got our car fixed this week because it was having some problems. While we were waiting we found a Corvette and pretended that we got an upgrade. It was awesome.

We also had the opportunity to attend a grave dedication which was really cool. The other Elders dedicated it. 

In my area we are doing really good. We plan on having some baptisms this month which is exciting. My Spanish is getting better and I'm able to talk and understand more. I'm grateful to be here helping the work and find people who need help. I hope yall have a great week and I'll talk to yall next week. 

These are some pictures of us playing Pokémon haha. 

Me at the aquarium with a shark

A really cool snake we saw

Me and my with some really good food we made

Me and my companion with OUR Corvette

Our ping pong table in our apartment.









No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...