Monday, January 13, 2020

1/13/20

Hey everyone this week was great. I'm getting better at understanding Spanish which is really cool. When we are walking around and are talking to people I can piece what they’re saying and kinda talk back. I’m not really good yet but I can have a small conversation. My area is doing really good and this Sunday we finished the lessons for one of our people were teaching. He is going to get baptized on the 25th this month. My companion and I are super excited for that. Today we went shopping and I bought myself a cowboy hat and some boots. Now I can say I'm a cowboy haha. We helped some other missionaries today also because their car was towed. So we picked them up and helped get there car back. 


Here's a little summary of my week.

Wednesday:

Today was good, Me and Elder Waite, and the other Elders in our district went to help a recent convert who needed to clean and organize stuff in his house. He's really cool to talk to and is about 25 years old. We were there for a couple of hours and Elder Waite found an old guitar and the person gave it to him for $5 dollars. After that we studied for a little bit and then had dinner with a member family. After we had a lesson with a person named Antonio who is visiting from another part of Texas. He is really awesome and is preparing to be baptized as well. Funny story, after when we had gotten home Elder Waite was playing with the guitar that he got and was cleaning it and stuff and I was reading my scriptures. A big black spider had crawled out of Elder Waite’s guitar onto his leg. When he noticed he jumped up and yelled and the spider flew across the room. It was super funny and we don’t know where the spider went so we ended up cleaning our room and vacuuming. It was so funny because it was really random and scary for a second haha.

Thursday: 

Today was great we ended up studying in the office until lunch and then we drove to the Catholic Charities food pantry. We helped clean and organize food onto the shelves. We also had transfers today and Elder Glade ended up leaving the area and we got a new Elder in our area now his name is Elder Trythal. He's really cool. Later that night we went to have our Spanish study with some other missionaries at WhataBurger. While we were studying a person walked into the restaurant and started talking to us. He was really strange and was probably on something. We asked him what his name was and he responded with “My name is Bigdaddy from Cincinatti with a catti but no catti." like super fast and talked really fast. It was really funny and he started dancing and rapping and stuff. We ended up leaving after that. 

Friday: 

Today was flipped a little. So we started the day with getting up and going to the Catholic Charities food pantry. We helped put food into a food truck for a couple hours and that was great. The food was gonna be handed out to the homeless or people that need help. After that we hurried home and grabbed our bikes and rode them across the street to the Tower of Americas. We had lunch up there and it was really cool because you can see everywhere because there’s no mountains and its all flat. After lunch we went to the observation deck and had our weekly planning session which is where we plan for the whole week. We were up there for a couple of hours. When we finally finished we finally got to have our study time and we usually do that in the mornings. We had dinner with a nonmember named Mark Ortis. We had been there before and he worked at the food bank so it was fun to see him.

Saturday:

On Saturday it rained super hard in the afternoon out of nowhere. It was raining so hard that the streets were flooding. Our parking garage started flooding too. When we were driving it was all dark and lightning was flashing all around. It was really cool too but a little scary to drive in. 

Sunday:

We had ward council in the morning today so we had to be at the church at 7. We ended up staying at the church most of the day and taught some lessons and helped some people. It was really good. It did feel a little slower that day but it was all good. 

I’m really grateful to be here and helping and serving other people. My testimony has grown so much. I'm reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and it's really fun. I hope you’re all having a great week and I can’t wait to talk to y’all next week.

Pictures from this week.

The hat and boots I bought, Me and Elder Waite eating lunch at the Tower of Americas and on the observation deck, A view of San Antonio, some of the rain that was flooding our garage, and Me and Elder Waite with a family.










No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...