Friday, December 13, 2019

December 9, 2019


Hello friends and family. This week has been really busy and also went by so fast. We had companion exchanges and I got to be with Elder Glade for 24 hours so I stayed over at his apartment. I also got to drive and we did all kinds of stuff. It was really fun. This week we also found some people while we were tracting. We got their numbers and set up times for me and Elder Waite to come back. 

On Friday we did a light the world activity with my district. We went down town to a park and handed out hot chocolate and candy canes. We were also giving book of  Mormons away and sharing light the world. It was really fun and we talked to a lot of people and some were interested in the church. It's really cool because everyone here is always willing to listen and hear what you have to say. On Friday morning we also went to IHOP for breakfast with some members. We talked to them about the temple and why it's important. 

On Saturday we were teaching this family and I mentioned something about star wars and one of kids named Elias opened up and after we talked all about it. It was really fun and cool because he didn’t talk much until that. He gave me and Elder Waite some star wars pictures and card games. It was really cool. So now I'm helping him get more involved and everything. 

This week we also gave service to a Catholic food bank and helped move food and organize. The weather has been really nice and I'm happy I haven't had to worry about the cold. On Thursday this week we went and played ping pong at the library. That was really fun and was a good way to meet more people. 

Today we went to the Pearl Brewery as a district. It's been changed to a museum and hotel now but it was cool to go and see. 

I'm grateful for the holiday seasons and how it brings families and people together. I am grateful for our prophet president Nelson and I know that if we follow him we will be happier and will be blessed. I hope everyone is having a good week and I can't wait to say hi again next week. 

I love and miss y’all.

These are some pictures from the light the world activity we did on Friday, Me and my companions study desks, and a picture of a giant angel. They have lots of cool paintings on the sides of buildings all over the city. It's really cool. And the last one was part of the brewery we went to.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...