Monday, December 2, 2019

December 2, 2019

Hey family and friends, I'm finally in San Antonio. It's been such a big week and I've had so much happen. 

The first day here we got to go to the San Antonio temple and take pictures. The temple is so beautiful and I love it. I can't wait to go inside it and stuff. We also had barbecue that night they called blanco. 

It was really good and definitely one of my favorite things here so far. That night we also went to the Alamo and got to go proselyting. I gave my first book of Mormon away and it was so cool. We met this person who didn’t no anything about the church but had a faith in God. We talked about our church and he was really interested so we gave him our phone number and set a time for some missionaries to visit him. 

The second day we got to get our new companion and so I got to meet Elder Waite and he is pretty cool. He will be training me for the next couple months. We went to a restaurant called “Raising Canes” and it was really good. We also had many opportunities to teach lessons and it's been really fun. Some of the lessons are somewhat in English but most of it is in Spanish. 

Church on Sunday was really cool because all the members wanted to shake our hands and were saying things like how they are so blessed when they see us. This week we also got to go to lots of members and non members houses for dinner. The food is really good and we have had lots of Mexican food. 

On Thanksgiving, we did a service activity and we helped set up run a small 5k Turkey Trot. It was really fun and a cool way to get involved with the community. The rest of the week has just gone by so fast. I'm so grateful to be out here and sharing the gospel. 

I can't wait for these upcoming weeks. We’re doing a big activity for “Light the World” and we’re sharing with everyone about it and what we can do to be a part of it and serve others. We are really excited for this December month. I hope you all are having a great week. I love and miss you all. 

I've got pictures of the Mexico airport, my district from the CCM and my new companion Elder Waite.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...