Monday, December 23, 2019

December 23, 2019


Hello friends and family, I wanted start out with saying Merry Christmas. I'm so happy to be out here and be sharing the true meaning of Christmas and light the world. This month has been so amazing and everything. We have had lots of opportunities to serve others. 

This week we had the opportunity to go serve by harvesting vegetables from a garden. It was really fun and we did a lot. All the food we harvested is going to the food bank and to people who need it. We spent a couple hours doing that and we harvested lettuce, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, and other plants. 

On Thursday we had zone conference. It was so fun because we saw all the missionaries in the San Antonio area. We had a really big Christmas dinner with BBQ Roast and Turkey and cobbler for dessert. It was way good. We also got all our packages too so now they’re under the tree in my apartment. We had a couple trainings on how to teach better and that was fun. Our mission president gave everyone TSAM aprons for cooking which were super cool. 

On Saturday we had our first baptism. It was so fun and an amazing experience. We had lots of things to do to get ready. The person that was baptized was Jeriah. His grandpa baptized him so we just helped and had everything else ready. The spirit was really strong there. We got some pictures with them after. 

I feel like I'm pretty used to the mission life now and I'm helping more with teaching. My Spanish is slowly getting better. I can definitely understand a lot. I just can't speak it that well. 

I'm about to finish the Book of Mormon and hopefully I finish it before the end of the year. My testimony of the Book of Mormon has grown so much and I understand a lot more now. I feel a lot closer to my Heavenly Father and I know for sure that this book is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and he really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in a vision and Joseph restored the church in the world. I know that we can be with our father again if we repent and are baptized and do everything we can to be like him.  The Holy Ghost will be with us always if we make good choices and strive to be like our Savior. If you haven't read the Book of Mormon yet I invite you all to read it and pray to know if it’s true. I know that our Heavenly Father will give you an answer if you do.

I hope y’all have a great week and Christmas. I love and miss you all. 


Here are some pictures from this week.

Me and my companion at Jeriah’s baptism, our Christmas tree and presents, some of our district at the garden with the food, everyone at the zone conference, and a picture of us at a members house for dinner.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...