Friday, November 15, 2019

November 7, 2019

Hola friends and family. This week has been really fun and cool. We got to have a fun Halloween, On Friday I noticed that my district leader was having a hard day and I asked him what was wrong.  He hadn't been getting a lot of sleep because of his pillow. I was prompted to give him mine because I had a really nice pillow and ever since I did  he's been doing a lot better and has been more effective. I know that if you follow the promptings of the spirit you can help other people and make a difference. 

On Sunday it was Fast Sunday for us so we fasted for a full 24 hours. It was really hard at first because we don't drink water or eat food but after that I just felt really good and happy. When the fast ended we had a big meal. I think that was the first time I completely fasted without any water haha. 

This week I felt kinda sick on Monday and Tuesday because of the food. It made my stomach hurt a lot and I had to use the bathroom a lot also haha. After I took medicine I got better. 

On Tuesday it was really cool because we got to listen to a broadcast from the Provo MTC devotional and the really cool part of that was Elder and Sister Uchtdorf came and talked. They talked to us about mission work and our purposes. They told us that we are the ones that have control over our thoughts, feelings, and actions. If we do our best even if we're not perfect, our Heavenly Father still loves us and it's okay if we aren't perfect. We can impact many people's lives and be the modern day miracles. They also told us that our actions can be a testimony to others. That was about it for the devotional but it was really cool and fun. When we sang "Called To Serve" the spirit was so strong and it grew my testimony a little, and I have no doubt that our Heavenly Father lives and this is the true church. 

For the rest of the week it was pretty normal for us. We just had language classes and practiced teaching. My Spanish was really bad this week but it's getting better. I don't have any pictures for this week but maybe next week. I'm thankful for all of you guys, you're awesome. I'll talk to y'all next week.

I love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...