Saturday, November 2, 2019

October 31, 2019

Extending our callings:

Hey family and friends, Feliz Halloween.  I'm so happy to get to email again. This week has been very fun and I've learned a lot. I felt the spirit so much this week.

On this last Sunday I gave a talk on conversion and I talked about my pioneer ancestors coming across the ocean on the Mayflower and also crossing the plains to come to Utah. They all had lots of trials but their testimony and conversion grew so much from that.

On Tuesday we had another devotional and the 2nd counselor of the CCM and his wife talked to us about "Extending our callings". That's why I named this email that. They gave their testimony to us that if we do our best and serve with strength and power, we will have a successful mission. It was a really cool devotional.

On Wednesday I had the opportunity to give a short lesson about following our callings. I talked about Alma and Amulek in the scriptures.  (Alma chapter 8).  Alma was discouraged from trying to preach to the people of Ammoniha and was leaving to go back home when an angel came to him and told him that he had been faithful to his calling and that he needed to go back. He ended up going back and found a person named Amulek. He and Amulek were blessed for following the commandments of the lord and ended up teaching the people. I love those chapter in the scriptures because if we always trust In the Lord we will be blessed and happy and will help others.

The lesson I gave ended up being really good and spiritual, everyone was feeling the spirit and we all just talked about how we felt and how we can follow our calling.

This week has been really rainy and tons of thunderstorms and lightning. It's been really fun to hear it.  I got to go to the Mexico City Temple today and I thought that was really cool. We got to see Mexico a little more and the culture is really cool and different. We saw dogs in the street, and lots of people dressed up kinda haha. It reminded me of the movie Coco.  We got lots of pictures and I bought some really cool sock ties. I'll send some pictures later. My Spanish is coming slowly but eventually I'll be speaking better. I'm very grateful for the Lord and what he does for me.  I'm so blessed and I know that he loves me. I love you all and will talk to you all next week.


These are some of this week's pictures:  We went to the temple, saw dogs around Mexico, saw a big spider on our service day, we saw lots of colorful homes and buildings, and my district.









No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...