Hey friends and family, I made it through another week in the mission and have had so much fun. This week on Tuesday we had Elder Soares come and talk to us. We got to broadcast to all the MTC's. Elder and Sister Soares talked to us about 3 powerful words (Faith, Work, Obedience) if we implement those words in our lives we will be happy and be able to go through any trial. They also said that each morning we have an opportunity to change and become a better person. He mentioned that every Thursday the prophet and the 12 apostles get together and pray for all the missionaries and that we are at the top of their list when we pray. As missionaries we are very blessed and it's really cool to know that people pray for us a lot to help other people. We are literal representatives of Jesus Christ. We wear his name over our hearts everyday. He also said that having obedience everyday builds us armor and protects us as we go through life. Something I really liked that he said is "I don't like wishing good luck, that makes you have to depend on luck. I will wish you success because that depends solely on you" I liked that a lot because while I'm my mission, my success will depend on how obedient I am and how much I put into it.
This week was also really cool because I got to teach actual people who are members of the church. It was really fun and a good experience for me. The food is starting to get old here because they pretty much serve the same stuff all the time. So I can't wait to get out in the field. Just two weeks left in the CCM.
This week we also did something called "promix". We switched companions for a whole day with a Latino missionary and I had the chance to talk Spanish like all day and that was so fun. It helped me get better in the language and stuff. I struggled a little because he didn't know any English but It was all good.
We also as a district got to go around and say something that we learned from our parents. I talked about my dad first and I said that my dad has always been there. He has taught so much in my life through The Boy Scouts and has taught me to be organized, communication and how to be a leader. He has implemented in my life that Decisions Determine our Destiny. I'm always thinking about it and trying to apply that whenever I do something. My dad has helped me become the person I am today and I am very grateful and love him.
My mom has also been there for me and helped me through many things. She has taken me on many vacations and taught me how to be clean, kind and organized. She has helped me get everything that I needed for school and my mission and is always supportive of me. I love my mom a lot and I'm grateful for everything she does for me and my family.
This week my district had the chance to bear testimony to each other and that was really cool. The Spirit was so strong and everyone had fun with that.
I just wanted to let everyone know that our Heavenly Father loves you. He knows you and your struggles. If you come unto him he will bless you in your life. If you stay obedient and have faith, your life will be better and you will be more happy. If you see any opportunity to serve someone, do it. Because when you're serving them you're also serving the Lord. Read and study the scriptures everyday because it will teach you very important things that you can use everyday. If you read it you will gain a testimony of it and know for yourself that Jesus is the Christ and this is his church.
I can't wait to talk to you all again next week. I love and miss you all.
Here are some pictures from today:
There were lots of designs that were cool. A picture of angel Moroni holding the golden plates and the horn. I guess that there's only 5 temples that have that which is kinda cool and unique. A picture of the tienda where you can by ties and really cool things. Around Mexico City there are a lot of police holding guns out and stuff. It's kinda scary but it's also really cool. And my last picture was just me getting a selfie in front of the temple haha.





No comments:
Post a Comment