Thursday, November 21, 2019

November 21, 2019

Mission Email for week 6.

Hey family and friends. I'm getting ready for my first transfer so today is really busy with packing, cleaning, and getting all my flight stuff. 

This week has been really good and went so fast. I can't believe that I'm pretty much done with the CCM. 

There wasn't much interesting stuff that happened this week. We really just had class, taught lessons, and studied the Spanish language a lot.

We had promix again and that was on Saturday. I had a Latino companion all day, we taught lessons and I didn't speak like any English that day. That was really cool. I feel like I have definitely gotten better at Spanish within the 6 weeks I have been here and I know that the gift of tongues is real. 

We did another service project on Monday for the CCM and we went around and helped pick up trash, rake the leaves and grass and stuff. It was really fun and cool because there was like missionaries all around helping and we got done really fast. 
It wasn't too hot this week until last night. I felt like I was sweating all night haha. 

On Tuesday our CCM President Olsen talked to us and we talked about the new missionary handbook that came out. It's really cool and has a lot of good stuff for us. We also talked about Sundays how we can better keep the Sabbath day holy. We can keep the Sabbath day holy by listening to uplifting music centered around Christ, read and study the scriptures, watch appropriate movies, spend time with family and play games and etc... President Olsen also talked about the Sabbath being a delight.  Make it a good day for everyone to enjoy and keep it spiritual. 

The rest of the week was just classes and teaching. I'm grateful for my Savior and all he does for me. He blesses me, my family and friends around me. I'm thankful for my time in the CCM. I've learned so much and I'm excited for Texas. Next time I email yall I'll be in San Antonio. I hope you all have a good week and stay safe. Do your best to come closer to our Heavenly Father by reading and praying about the scriptures and serving others. I know you'll be happier and better if you do that. 

I love and miss you all.


These pictures are of my district and the Latino district we had promix with, my promix company companion, my district doing a selfie and pictures. We also got our teachers in the pictures to. My casa roommate companions, me and my companion, and another picture of the temple that was really cool. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...