9/27/2021
1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grown in wisdom and strength, write my final epistle to my brethren.
2. Wherefore I have witnessed the power of the gospel and of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has come and will come again and know in my heart that He lives and for a surety will come again in these days.
3. In my travels through the Land of San Antonio, I found much to be grateful for and would like to present mine testimony.
4. My dear companion Elder Larsen and I, have taught many of the people of San Antonio and have brought many to know the love of our dear Lord and Savior, who is Christ Jesus, and had much success in bringing many to the fold of God.
5. Shall we not go on in so great a cause? The work which our lord Jesus Christ has commanded us to preach, is a great work, and will continue to be preached until the end of the world.
6. And now my brethren, I end my epistle, and I would that ye should know that I know that the words of the prophets are true, and that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ, I know that God is our Father and that we can return to live with Him one day. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Okay! Enough of that Haha. This week
was super good. We found 9 new people to teach! I'm super excited to see
everyone but super sad to leave San Antonio. I will never forget the
experiences I had and the people I've met.
I have learned so much on my mission and have grown such a great love for the people here. I know for myself that each person is a Child of God.
I had an experience on my mission where my companion and I were teaching this family about the plan of salvation. The spirit was so strong when we talked about how families could be together forever. The family we were teaching really wanted this and continued to meet with the missionaries. The son is now baptized and the mom is getting baptized this weekend. I have never felt so much joy in my life than when I was teaching that families could be together forever. I think of our family, each member of our family and all the wonderful times we have had and I always want to remember those times. I want to be with my family forever one day. I know that we can if we do our best and follow Gods plan. This time in our lives is a time for us to prepare to come home. And though I'm coming home this week, we are all preparing to come home one day.
I love you all so much and can't wait to talk later this week. I'll talk to everyone soon! Bye! Have a great day!
Here is one more scripture I really like that I'll share with y'all!
Moroni 10:34
"And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen."
Pictures:
1. The Sanchez Family and I
2. Elder Brough and I on exchanges this week.
3. The Stake President, his wife and I. (The Vandenburgs)



No comments:
Post a Comment