Thursday, September 23, 2021

 9/22/2021

 Hey Y'all! Is this it? 

It's basically my last full week in the mission. It's been so amazing to serve as missionary here in Texas. 

This last week was really good. We had our zone conferences and it was really cool. Elder Teh and Elder Gilbert of the 70 came and talked to us in person. They first talked to us over Zoom on Tuesday,  again on Thursday in person, and then on Friday over zoom again. I learned so much from them. 

One of the things that stood out to me the most from Elder Gilbert was when he talked about personal revelation. He mentioned several times how there are patterns in our lives and revelation is one of them. He promised that as we work diligently to receive personal revelation in our lives we will be blessed personally and in our families.

I also really liked it when Elder Teh spoke. He talked about how the Holy Ghost helps us have a deeper conversion. He talked a lot about the enabling power of the atonement. One of the things that I really liked that he said was "Bloom where the Lord plants you". Basically what he was saying is wherever you are in the world or are called to serve, the Lord has you there to bless others around you and help you grow as well. As we put our full effort to follow him wherever we are, we will grow and "Bloom where he plants us" 

We are also teaching our friend Joe Bishop and yesterday we got her to pray out loud for the first time. It was awesome! She has grown so much since we have started meeting with her. I can't wait to see where she progresses.

Well I just wanted to leave with my testimony.

I have learned so much as I've served as one of the Lord’s missionaries. I have such an increased understanding of the Gospel and especially the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know for myself the power that the Atonement can have on a person and a family and the change that takes place. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father and that He has a plan for all of us. That plan is called the Plan of Happiness. I know all of us will live again one day and can be with our families forever. 

One of the scriptures I would like to share is from D&C 123:17.

"17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed"

I know that as we are cheerful and do all we can to follow our Heavenly Father we can find true and everlasting happiness.

I love this work so much! It is never "it". We are all missionaries in this great work that our Heavenly Father has for us. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

I hope you all a have a super good week! See you soon!

-Elder Portlock

Pictures for this week:

1. The Hadden Family and I

2. Brother Ramsey and I. He is our ward mission leader as well. 

3. The 4 of us riding in the car 

4-5. Elder Johnson had a bleach spot on his pants so I was coloring it out with a Sharpie.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...