April 5, 2021
Hey Everyone! Happy Easter and General Conference! I hope you all had a wonderful spiritual and uplifting experience getting to watch General Conference this past weekend.
I learned so much this General Conference. I was so excited when I heard about how many more temples are going to be built. It's so exciting that we will have 20 more temples in process. That means that there are over 80 temples in process to be built or under construction.
I loved all of the talks that were given but one of the talks I liked a lot was from President Nelson on the Sunday morning session. He talked a lot about faith. I learned a lot about the importance of having faith especially in this time of our lives. I have felt so happy being able to grow my faith daily by studying in words of the Gospel and serving others. I can't wait until we can re-watch the conference again and read, study, and ponder the words that were spoken.
This week was really good. We had zone conference again and so this week was full of meetings. We had lots of opportunities to practice principles of teaching and inviting and it was amazing. We were able to find 2 new people to teach which is awesome. We have been street contacting and visiting lots of people as well. It's so fun being a missionary. You really see the world differently and you’re always happy because you’re serving others and teaching amazing truths of the gospel. This week we also got to go and help with a Covid vaccination site. It was super fun and we got put right in front of the line to talk to everyone and get everyone signed in. We ended up getting the Covid shot too at the end. So in 3 weeks I can get my next shot.
This Saturday as well I got to help with the baptism of Bart. He is in the Alamo 1st YSA ward. He decided to get baptized this week and it was amazing. He has grown such a strong testimony. He was such an example for me and others around.
Well that's about it for this week. I hope you all have a great week!
-Elder Portlock
Pictures for the Week:
1. Our zone from Zone conference. We got Chick-Fil-A cards from the mission so everyone went there after haha.
2. On Thursday a bunch us Elders from our apartment complex met up at Buffalo wild wings for lunch.
3. This is kinda what our job looked like at service as we talked to everyone.
4. This is where everyone was getting their shots and where we were helping out a lot.
5. Our apartment watching General Conference.





No comments:
Post a Comment