Thursday, February 4, 2021

 2/1/21

Hey y'all! I hope your week was amazingly awesome. This week even though I'm in an English area now got to use my Spanish quite a bit. We were street contacting a talked to this Hispanic family. Only I could really talk to them but it was pretty fun. We are referring them to the Spanish missionaries now. We also talked to a couple other Hispanics this week too. We had dinner at a member’s house named the Kimball's. They made some super good food. They actually served a couple different missions in South America so I got to talk more Spanish with them. It was really fun. 

We also had a couple different ComeFollowMe lessons with some of the members in our ward this week as well. It went super well and they had lots of insight. I'm so excited to keep learning more from this year’s ComeFollowMe in the Doctrine and Covenants. 

We also did a Bible study this week to which was super fun to do. I'm studying about a lot of different ways the Bible and Book of Mormon connect to each other and it's been super fun because I've learned a lot more scriptures from the bible and some small really cool details in the Book of Mormon. We also had Stake conference this Saturday and Sunday and that was really cool. Elder and Sister Clayton who are general authorities for the church joined the conference and gave some really cool talks. 

One of the stories I really liked was about bears. A super short summed up version of it goes kinda like this. Everyone has bears in their lives and it can be scary sometimes when they come charging at you. But we can always remember to pray to our Heavenly Father and know that he can help us.  

I hope you all keep being great and have a super amazing week. Love yall!

-Elder Portlock 

1. Me and Elder Merritt got haircuts today as well as Rasin Caynes! 😎


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...