1/25/21
Hey everyone!!! I hope you all had an amazing week.
We had transfers on Thursday and I had to say goodbye to the De Zavala area which was so sad. We just barely started to pick up the work before I left. But hey, The Lord needs me in Bulverde so I’m good with that too. This last week on Tuesday me and Elder Knight did service at a little food pantry called the Christian Cupboard. The other missionaries in the district were in quarantine and they asked us if we could go and help since they couldn't. So me and Elder Knight got up early and drove to Seguin and spent our morning doing that. It was super fun and we handed food out to many people. We got to talk to a couple different Spanish speaking people as well. The workers at the Christian Cupboard were super happy that we could speak Spanish so that's why they put us up front to hand out the food. It was really fun and we invited many to English Class. The Rockwell’s were so sad when I told them that I was leaving but so grateful that I had served in De Zavala. Brother Rockwell gave me a Jerry Garcia tie. He actually gives all the missionaries leaving the area a tie and for Sisters the Rockwell’s give them a necklace or earrings. We had a lesson with Maria and her husband on Wednesday. I was so happy that we finally got to meet her husband and have a lesson with him. He actually opened up so much during the lesson and started to have a little more interest. He still has to work every day so he can't come to church but he told us that we could continue having lessons with him and Maria each Wednesday. We were so happy about that. I am so sad though that I will leave now when we have made that progress. I hope that they continue to progress and that Maria will continue to prepare for her baptism.
Transfer day was so weird. I realized the day before transfers that I have accumulated lots of things during my mission and so getting it all packed was a real challenge. I ended up throwing a lot away and leaving some things in my last apartment. I still have a lot that I need to get rid of so that will be my new project. On transfer day I got to meet my new companion (Elder Merritt). He is amazing and has such a good love for the work. He has only been out for 6 months so he's still pretty new. As soon as we got to our new apartment we did our weekly planning and then I ended up going on a quick exchange with Elder Van Valkenburg. He is our zone leader. We had a Stake leadership meeting and all the District leaders and the zone leaders had to go to it so that's why we did the exchange. It ended up being a cool meeting about mission meeting correlations and how they should run. I got to see Elder Johnson at the meeting as well. He is a district leader like me but for the Spanish area in Canyon Lake. My next day in the area we started street contacting and in this area it's like all gated communities and very few neighborhoods that we are allowed to proselyte in without getting in trouble. It's weird but when we went street contacting we ended up finding a couple people and it was super cool. We talked to a couple people and one of them we invited to be baptized. It was pretty cool and he accepted but didn't want to pick a date yet. He wants to learn more and prepare. His name is Nossa. We set up another visit with them for this next Saturday. But we were pretty excited about that. It was a little weird going to church for the first time in an English ward but it was neat. There are so many more members in the English wards haha but they are so kind and want to help out a lot. I am so excited to begin a new chapter of my mission and to see what the Lord has in store. I hope you all have a really good week and keep being amazing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment