Hi
Friends and Family. I hope everything is going great this week.
For me this week was super awesome and went to super fast. We
had our transfers and so I am staying in my area and Elder Waite my old
companion is going to Bulverde. I'm companions with Elder Corry and now. He’s
super awesome and is from Logan UT. It's super cool because I'm kinda starting
a new chapter in my mission with my new companion and stuff.
The weather here this week has been pretty weird. Its cloudy,
cold and rainy one day and then really nice warm with no clouds the other day.
It's nice though because I don’t really need a jacket.
We had really good week in the area. We put 2 people on baptism
date for the end of next month. We are super excited to teach them and they are
excited to learn more and come closer to Christ. We found another 6 new people
to teach this week which was really awesome. We are super excited to start this
transfer and everything.
We and Elder Waite went out to dinner with Maria and Ralph who
are the people we put on date. Their parents are recent converts and they’re
super nice. We went to this Mexican restaurant and got some really good Mexican
food. We got these chicken burritos and they were huge. After we ate they
ordered us sopa pias. They were really good. They are like these cinnamon chip
things that are fried.
The members in the ward are super awesome. They always want to
feed us and will ask us about the dinner calendar. They even invite us randomly
on days for lunch and stuff. On Friday we were invited to this birthday party
and it was pretty fun. They had lots of chicken and other things.
I read a talk this week from the April 2016 general
conference by Elder Neil L. Anderson. It was really good. it’s called "A witness of God". It
talks a lot about how we are witnesses of God and he compared it all to a giant
puzzle. We as members and people in the world are an individual puzzle piece
and we can help others connect and put together the rest of the puzzle.
I liked a scripture he added in there and it is in Mosiah 18:9.
It says: 9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and
comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God
at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until
death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first
resurrection, that ye may have eternal life.
I invite you all to read the whole talk. It's really awesome.
I hope everyone has a great week and I can’t wait to talk to ya’ll
next week.
This week’s pictures.
1&2.These pictures are actually from my first week in the
field on thanksgiving. I just never got them until now. It's me and Elder Waite
at a nonmember’s house for thanksgiving.
3. Me and Elder Waite with the Litterio family on Thursday at
the restaurant.
4. Me and Elder Waite and Transfers.



No comments:
Post a Comment