Hey Family and Friends, this week
has had some pretty crazy changes in the mission.
On Friday we were told by our
Mission President to start self isolating. Soo that means that we aren't
knocking doors anymore or going and visiting people. We can only leave our
Apartment for necessity things like the store or going to the church for better
Wi-Fi. We have been starting to do a lot of proseliting on Facebook and sharing
our message the best we can. It's been a little difficult because of the abrupt
change but it's been pretty fun too.
We have had some really good lessons
on video call and my favorite one so far was when we called this family and we
read the Book of Mormon with them. We invited them to continue to read and pray
and when we followed up with them, they had been, so we were sooo happy. We
then sent them the Book of Mormon video for it.
For dinners with the members we haven’t
been able to eat with them, we have to actually go and pick it up and then take
it back to the church or our apartment. Being at the church all the time is
pretty boring but the cool thing is that it has a piano so I've been practicing
like a ton with hymn books. My favorite song to play on the piano right now is “Praise
to the Man.”
Well before we got put in isolation
we were having a pretty good week of finding. This week we found 5 new people
to teach. There was this one person who we basically had found a couple weeks
ago but it never really counted because we didn’t have a second lesson with
him. But we finally did and it's super sweet.
In my personal study this week I
found a couple scriptures that are really cool
The 1st one is in Doctrine and
Covenants 68:5-6
5 Behold, this is the promise of the
Lord unto you, O ye my servants.
6 Wherefore, be of good cheer, and
do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall
bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that
I was, that I am, and that I am to come.
I like this one a lot because it
says that the Lord is standing right by you and to not be afraid. We can be
comforted by that, especially in the time we are in.
The 2nd scripture I wanted to share
is actually from Sister Tveten.
Isaiah 41:10
10 ¶ Fear thou not; for I am with
thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will
help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
So it's just another really cool
comforting scripture talking about how Jesus is here with us and will
strengthen and help us.
I can promise you all that our
Heavenly Father loves us all and he knows what's happening. He is here to
comfort us and guide us. If we follow the Prophet and read the scriptures and
pray we will be protected.
I hope you are all having a great
week and are safe. Love y’all and will talk y’all again next week.
This week’s pictures:....
1. A sign in Spanish that says to
keep calm and wash your hands. 👐
2. We pulled up to the hood and
there was this super cool Cadillac with this guy blasting 80s classics.
3. All the members that have been
feeding us have been giving us soda but none of the other Elders drink soda
except me.
4. They literally put a chain on the
doors to our work out room so we have to work out in our apartment.
5. We got super bored in our
apartment so we started making a Jesus wall.
6. HEB had a line to go shopping
haha.
7. Blue Bell ice-cream. It’s
literally the best ice-cream ever.
8. Me with my hat and Texas shirt.








No comments:
Post a Comment