Tuesday, July 6, 2021

 7/5/2021

Hey y’all! This week was really good. 

Last Monday we got to teach Isabel the Plan of Salvation. It went really good. She really likes meeting with us. The only thing was we couldn't meet with her this week because of her work schedule. She has been reading in the Book of Mormon though. We are planning to try and get her to come to church in our next lesson. 

On Tuesday we did some service at Brother Perez's house. He's the 2nd counselor in the bishopric. We helped him fix some fence posts that his dogs were wearing down. We traveled to Lytle Texas later that night for Dinner at the Flores home. Lytle is one of our biggest drives and usually takes a ton of miles. Funny thing we already were just about out of miles for the month so we had to be careful. It was pretty fun for dinner. We had tacos and sang karaoke.  

On Wednesday it was the last day of the month and we were all out of miles. We got permission to go 15 extra miles so we ended up using our bikes for a little bit.  We got to go on base and eat with the trainees again. It was so much fun. All the trainees had also gone on missions as well. They told us a few of their experiences they had and it was really amazing. 

On Friday we helped a family move some things into storage. They are moving in but not for a while, they just wanted to start moving stuff over. We visited and street bike contacted for most of the day. We met this family from the Philippines who are actually members. They haven't been active for a long time but wanted to get active again. We invited them to read the Book of Mormon and study it daily. We helped them download gospel library as well. 

On Sunday we also did a lot of finding and talked to a lot of people. It was awesome because it was the 4th of July. We went to a BBQ that the Perez family was doing. Some other members in the ward came as well. They lit a few fireworks off as well while we were there. On the way home we could see fireworks all over San Antonio. I was so surprised of how much Texas loves fireworks. They have firework stands all over the place. 

Today we went with the Heritage Elders to a members house to work out. Brother Parkinson is super big into working out so we went all out. He even brought a giant tire for us to flip. After, we had some chicken and waffles. 

I also got my transfer news yesterday and I'm going to be a zone leader now. I'm staying in my area as well. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. 

It's been hot and humid like Texas always is but I'm enjoying while it lasts. I have loved so much serving here in the mission. I've felt so happy and the Spirit has been so strong here. 

I hope everyone is doing well and that you have a great week.  

Pictures for the week:

1. A picture of me in a sombrero.

2. All of us at the Base on Wednesday for dinner.

3. We saw this firework of Donald Trump and thought it was funny.

4. The 4 of us with Brother Parkinson after we worked out his morning.

5. The chicken and waffles we ate after working out.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...