Thursday, November 12, 2020

 11/9/2020

Hey everyone hope y’all are doing amazing! 

 This week was pretty amazing! We had a couple lessons with Maria this week and she is progressing and learning really good. She brought her friend to church on Sunday and now we are teaching her as well. We did a lot of street contacting this week as well and ended up talking to a lot of interesting people. We have some opportunities to be able to help out with some yard work for service which could be fun. 

We had another really cool lesson with some people we were passing of to the New Braunfels English Elders. We taught them the plan of salvation and they really liked it. It was super awesome. Funny story. Right after the lesson one of the people named Kierra told us she was getting Hungry and I had a granola bar in my backpack so I gave it to her. It was like her favorite kind of granola bar too. 

 I ran district Council for the First time this week and that was super fun. I loved leading it so much. I also gave a training as well so that was really fun. I talked about teaching simple truths or (TST). We did it at a park and the Elders called in because they were running late haha. 

 We also gave talks in sacrament meeting this Last Sunday and that was super awesome. We were supposed to give a talk for about 6 minutes and my talk ended up being 10 minutes haha. It was really cool because even though I was a little nervous to go up and talk, when I got up there I just had  this confidence boost and had no worries and it went super well.

 Well I hope you all have a great week!!!

 -Elder Portlock 

 We got our pictures taken by a professional photographer at landa park haha.



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...