Thursday, August 27, 2020

 8/24/20

Hey everyone. This week went super fast again. We had some more wonderful opportunities to serve some members of our branch this week. We helped sand a table and some doors and that was really fun. We also went to this person's house and power washed their driveway which was super fun. Me and Elder Hoffman were joking about starting our own business when we got home since me and him have been out basically the same amount of time haha. We also helped paint for that person and organized their shed. It's been really good to get outside and talk to some people, but the one thing is that it's the middle of summer haha. Everytime we go and do some service we end up coming home pretty dirty and sweaty haha. 

 

This week as a really cool experience we had the opportunity to go to church in person for the first time. It was really short but really fun because we were able to meet a couple of the members of the branch. Our Branch President asked us to introduce ourselves and give a small testimony and that was really fun. I wasn't worried about it much because it only had to be a minute long. I shared a scripture in D&C 6:36. 

 

We had some really good success finding this week. We found a family of 5 and it was really cool because about 2 weeks ago we went contacting at a park nearby and contacted this one person named Dex. We were finally able to have a lesson over the phone on Sunday and talk with his family while they were driving. Dex told us that he has been wanting to help his family become closer together and grow their faith in Christ and God. It was a really cool experience. We are also working with a couple other people whom we are getting ready to give an invitation to baptism. His name is Raul and he is super amazing. He really wants to learn more about what he can do to help his family and grow his faith. We are super excited for this next week because we are going to finally have our zone conference in person!! It will be only for a couple hours but it's still in person. We found out that the San Antonio Temple is going to be starting its stage 2 in September so my companion and I might be going to the temple soon. Today for P-day Me, Elder Lymke, Elder Hoffman, and Elder Christensen went hiking at a park called Landa Park. It was super fun and after we went and played Frisbee golf. There was a spring of water that was super clean and you could drink it so we all drank straight from the spring. It was super good water haha. 

 

I'm super grateful to be out here serving the Lord. I've seen so many blessings from being on the mission and helping other people. My Spanish is coming along pretty well and its amazing helping my companion learn the language. The church is growing and is really strong down here. I've met some amazing members here, have heard their testimony and will always remember them. I have a big testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us and if we choose to follow His plan we will be blessed and find peace and happiness. 

I'm super grateful for all of you. I hope you all have an amazing week!

-Elder Portlock

1. The 4 of us standing a table. 

2. Me and Elder Hoffman drinking water from the Lands Park spring. 

3. We found a snake at service.

4. Me and Elder Hoffman power washing. 

5. The 4 of us doing service.

6. The 6 of us hiking. 

7. Me doing some more yard work.

 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...