August 10, 2020
Hey everyone!!! This week was amazing and a lot happened.
On Thursday I got transferred up to De Zavala and it's been really good. When we got to our apartment there wasn’t really anything in it except like a bunk bed haha. We are sharing the apartment with 2 other Elders and so today we stocked up on food and got everything we need. Hopefully soon we can get some more stuff that we need. I've been helping my new companion Elder Lemke learn Spanish and teaching him all about the mission. It's been super fun and a good experience. I'm also now driving so that's like one of the best things. As senior companion you get to be the one who drives so I'm really excited to finally be one. We went to the Giant gas station called Bucky's today and that was super cool. We already started finding and teaching new people that we don’t even know haha. One of them is Pedro Blanco and we were doing a pass off lesson with some other Elders and we invited him to be baptized. Hopefully he decides that too because that would be really cool. We also found a couple people while street contacting. It was really cool because we went to this park called Landa Park and there were lots of people there. It was a really good opportunity to get to talk to people.
I also got Raising Caines for the first time in forever haha. I love Caines so much. Our second day in the area the other Elders in our apartment found a lizard and caught it. It was super funny to watch them. Before I got transferred the Castro family in Eagle Pass gave made us some waffle cone ice-cream treats. It was super good and filling. Also, Magally, who recently was baptized gave us tons of pizza. She was super sad that I was leaving so we were talking and we said that when I finished my mission that I'm coming back to go to Piedras Negras and were going to get tacos and stuff haha. I'm gonna miss them all so much. I hope everyone had a super good week and I can’t wait to talk to y’all again!!!
-Elder Portlock
Pictures from the week!!!
1. Me and Elder Johnson watching the sunrise.
2. Me and Elder Lemke street contacting.
3. The 4 of us at Buckys.
4. Me in front of a super cool “my little pony” car haha.
5. My last district playing basketball.







No comments:
Post a Comment