Thursday, April 23, 2020

April 20, 2020


Hey Everyone I hope you all had a great week!

We had our zone conference on Tuesday. It was a little different for this conference because we had it all on a zoom video call. We had lots of trainings on how we can use technology better in teaching and also trainings on how we can better minister to the members of the ward. It was pretty cool also because they did these role plays where we would stop the zoom call and call other missionaries in the zone to practice doing what we were learning. It was pretty cool and for lunch a member brought food to us so we had food. 

On Wednesday we were able to do service for the first time in a while which was super awesome. We went to Catholic Charities to help work out in their garden. We basically watered the plants, trimmed some grass, and mixed up a pile of mulch. While we were in the garden we found a little lizard and we all got pictures with it and called it Liz. It was a good day and were gonna be able to do more service now which a super awesome thing. I love serving others and stuff. It feels so good and makes others happy. On the way home we saw a road sign that said Buenavista which is the name of my area. 

On Friday we went to the Alamo because it was perfect weather for a picture. So we finally have an updated picture for our Facebook page.  While we were walking to the Alamo this guy on a bike passed by and his speaker was playing Molly Percocet and in that song it says "mask on put your mask on". We all that that was super funny. We also got to talk to our families for come follow me. On Saturday were brainstorming for ideas for posts on Facebook. We started making an intro video for me and were gonna finish it later this week. 

This week has been really great and we are working hard and having lots of fun. In my personal study this week I've been reading in Alma chapters 18-22 and these chapters are talking about Ammon and the sons of Mosiah teaching and converting the Laminates. It's really cool to read and it's one of my favorite stories in the Book of Mormon. 

One of my favorite scriptures of this week for me is in Mosiah 1:7

7 And now, my sons, I would that ye should remember to search them diligently, that ye may profit thereby; and I would that ye should keep the commandments of God, that ye may prosper in the land according to the promises which the Lord made unto our fathers.

It’s talking about searching the scriptures diligently and following the commandments and if we do we will be blessed.

I've seen blessings of reading the scriptures and I know that it's true. 

I hope you all have a great week and can’t wait to talk to y’all again next week. 

Pictures for this week.

1. Me and the lizard we found during service.

2. The street sign of Buenavista 

3. Another picture of downtown.  Empty.










No comments:

Post a Comment

 9/27/2021 1. And it came to pass that I, Elder Orson Portlock, having seen much success during my ministry in San Antonio and having grow...